This is taken from King's Park which is basically a memorial park for war vetrans. The park is gorgeous and the view of the city of Perth was really beautiful as well.
Doug and my first trip to the city.
The Swan Bell Tower
Doug purchasing tickets for our ferry ride to South Perth. This ferry is considered a part of Perth transit, like a subway. I thought that was funny.
The Black Swan and I hanging out by the river.
The Beautful City of Perth. We took this from South Perth which is across Swan River.
The top of "London Street" in downtown Perth. It's just a cute street with lots of souvineers and stuff.
Australian Football is called "Footy" at least that's what all the Aussies call it. It's kind of like soccer except they use a football and they have to kick it into the goal post and punch it to pass.
Go Dockers!
This is the stadium and those white blow up things are anchors.
You can see their mascott running down there on the field. He's supposed to be a guy who would work at the "docks" or the harbor.
8 comments:
This is GREAT. We will be able to follow you around the world. I mentioned your Freo Dockers experience to the "footie" player in Florida who works for JDL. This was his response: "Bleh Freo, but that's better then the eagles. Freemantle used to be called the dockers but in 97 levi strauss sued them for the dockers name so now they go by Freo, but everyone still calls them the dockers. I'm glad she loved it, it's a great game. Plus whats nicer for the ladies then watching 36 really good looking fit guys running around being macho for a few hours.
We LOVE you so much. So glad you had a "tender mercy" of the "Anatomy of Peace" book. Love, Dad and Mom
Hey guys!
The kids were so excited to see your pictures! It looks amazing!
We miss you so much! Taylor keeps asking when he gets to go visit Doug. Doug- you are famous! Maddie keeps asking if your phone works yet. This will be a great way to keep in touch! Have a great day! We love you!
Love, Kristin and the kids(Dave too)
p.s. Stac- how was the flight?
Ummm.... I'm not so sure about those "white blow up things"...
Thats really funny Karen, I was about to say the same thing!
Wow! Sounds like you guys are having a great time! It's beautiful there! We hope to get there someday. Doug I can't believe I still haven't met you in person, but meeting on ichat is better than nothing. Staci, I almost didn't recognize you with bangs! (you look cute, as always) I'm still depressed that you aren't doing Radio City, even though there was no garuntee we'd be in the same city. Can't wait for you to get to LA. I know you'll be busy, but we'll be sure to spend time together. You both seem soooo happy, always beaming with smiles from ear to ear in all your pics. Have safe travels and take care! We love you and miss you! xoxo Em and Josh
hey guys this is great,keep it up , its a great way to keep posted, miss you already, hope Staci liked her time with us.
Looks like you two are having a great time! Stac looks 14 in that 1st photo...I love it! So glad you did this! miss you!
Wow...Thank you for blog.
I enjoy the pics.
looks like both are great.
and so funny!!
Please enjoy in Australia.
Then please enjoy the new life.
I miss you so much!!
Love ya!!
Post a Comment